wafflemethis nominated for the Freestyle Writing challenge in which you just have to write freely for a set time on a subject you are given by your nominator. 😀 This gentleman is an amazing blogger and puts me up for some new n interesting challenges every now and then, which I love taking upon. You should definitely check out his blog. 😉
I have been facing a problem with my laptop from a while. The keys l, o, p, 9, (, ‘ and . are not working. 😦 So, I have been using the On-screen keyboard to add the missing letters and punctuation to my posts or sometimes I type it on my phone, copy-paste the text in the drafts of my WP app and edit or add other text from the laptop.
Whoosh! I know tiring but necessary too. No one likes an attack from the grammar nazis :p.
So because of the circumstances, I typed this one on my phone where I got the added advantage of auto-correct and speed. 😉 [Yes, years of chat training on phone. 😉 Finally, I put my skills to good use. ;)] Hope y’all enjoy it. 😀
1. Open a blank document.
2. Set a stop watch timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever length you prefer.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!!!
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds! Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals
6. At the end of your post write down the number of words to give an idea of how much you can write within the time Frame.
7. Put the whole document onto your post and nominate 5 others and give them a new topic. Remember to copy paste the rules!
The subject given to me by wafflemethis is “If I had a flying carpet.”
The first thing that comes to my mind, if I had a flying carpet, is I would be best friends with my childhood crush, Aladdin. (or may be more :p but he loved Jasmine too much 😦 )
Wow! Wouldn’t that be great? I would no longer have to save up for the public transports or won’t have to look for people to travel with me ( I don’t like to travel alone, much). I would just be able to call up my flying carpet, whom I would name ‘My shooting star’ by the way because I just love shooting stars :p, and would pack up my bag and leave. Leave! And leave where? I have a God damn flying carpet with me, I can freaking go anywhere I want!
I would fly away to New York city first and would meet Brandon Stanton
Then, I will leave for Ireland. My second dream destination. 😀 I will stay there for months till I have explored each and every corner of it which is just full of beauty and decorated by magical nature.
Later I will leave for some beautiful beach. Any beach actually because I have never been to a beach.
But if I have a flying carpet now, does it mean I will never be able to travel via a train or a plane ever? May be I will give ‘My shooting star’ a rest for a single visit. But one thing is sure, I will quench my wanderlust. 😀
Word count: 354
Time: 5 minutes
If I could live my favorite book.
Many of you might already have been nominated or don’t do challenges. So, you can skip this. It’s cool. 🙂
THANK YOU! 😀